Women Empowerment

Thursday, October 1, 2020

 

Women Empowerment 

Society has set certain standards of beauty and an idolisation of "perfection" thankfully large brands are starting to embrace the natural human body how it is with strech marks, birth marks and the beautiful features that make us human. Social Media can be an amazing platform and i'm very active online but I do see the negative impact it may have subconsciously on your thoughts especially on a venerable person. The need to be perfect in the world can be extremely tough and there is a lot of negative impacts on always having the perfect image. More than ever there is a need for women to start empowering themselves! I am sick of seeing products to enhance our beauty and women trying to change themselves so its time to start loving our bodies and not feeling ashamed by doing that!

I got asked what Picture of me makes me feel empowered and here's my answer....

This picture gives me empowerment as it’s a strong and fierce look I’m portraying! You can see the intention in my eyes, I chose the blue and purple makeup as it symbolises Trust, loyalty and confidence three very important words to me.The feathers remind me of a peacock and that references that beauty is enlarged when you spread your wings so let yourself be free and show the world who you are! Be bold, stand out and always be authentic to yourself.

It is important learn to love yourself and be comfortable in the skin you are in, We are constantly being told who we are meant to be and what society standards are but I believe the key to happiness is being true to yourself and expressing you in your own unique and beautiful way. To me this image symbolises the above and the creative process behind the image to achieve this look and how the end result came out makes me feel empowered, Fierce and Me.” 

I agree with normalising imperfections and embracing our bodies exactly as they are and therefore I would like to add that the picture above I choose to be retouched to a beauty standard, I did not change anything of myself but the skin was smoothed to fix skin blemishes to make them a magazine standard and that was a choice I made. I feel like that is also important to not shame edited images because if you are honest about the retouches and happy with the outcome that is all that matters.

I took part in a project by Matt White about women Empowerment and I will post a link to all the fabulous ladies that took part but here is my section...

“ It takes years to unlearn what you have been taught but we’re about to change that and It’s time to be obsessed with all the things we love about our body. Sadly in a world inspired by filters and perfection a perfect picture has been painted and unfortunately in the modelling industry it is very noticeable but let’s be empowered! So what if I’m showing skin and wearing lingerie that doesn’t objectify me and it doesn’t make me any less respected that’s just what we have been taught we need to love ALL of our body and it’s okay be sexy and be proud to show it! Be the boss bitch you are here’s too the generation of women owning their bodies and standing up too what’s right! Let’s be confident, own what we have and stick a finger up to society Standards!”

This Year has been a huge struggle for everyone one and it is really hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel! As a Performer I find myself in such a difficult place with my career and main passion in life being taken away from me, It has been difficult to say the least and really hard to find any motivation. I found myself dwelling on the negatives this year gave and one day as I saw other industries returning to normal I decided to try and find a positive amongst all the bad. As I couldn't express myself as an artist I felt like part of me was missing and I was lacking being creative. I am very thankful that I was able to carry on Modelling and use my creativity to create amazing pictures and with this project I wanted to have more of a thought behind the images and feel beautiful and confident.

Here's some more from the shoot 
Photography - Strussler 
Mua - Tann Marie
Model/stylist- Elesha Eden





Its more than okay to be sexy and love yourself so I ask you to find a picture of yourself and tell me why that makes you feel empowered!


Post a Comment

Instagram